Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Flickr Favs {and major randomness}


Oh so pretty on this dark & dreary Friday (FRIDAY!) morning! We've had the strangest October weather this month; seriously cool, foggy & rainy, when usually it's hot and dry and the foothills are fighting those nasty wildfires. It's coming, I'm sure. We haven't even had our yearly Santa Anas yet, so I'm sure November will be a humdinger. I'm not complaining, at all. I love this weather.

And interestingly enough, I've been strangely disconnected from the web. It's interesting and strange to me only because for the last 11 years, I've been online constantly; updating my website, checking emails, communicating with customers, etc.

Of course I'm online at work, but in a different way. And when I come home, there have been (many) nights I haven't even checked my business email, my blog readers or Facebook. This is a huge turning point for me, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I've been reading a ton, and knitting (photos soon). While I might feel so disconnected, on the other hand, I feel so connected to life, once again.

When I get past the fact that I have to be so much more organized about my free time on weekends (which means running every single errand, planning weekly meals, grocery shopping [the bane of my existence] & laundry), I feel like returning to work full time was the best thing I did. Would you believe, I am so much more relaxed. Seems like a huge oxymoron, but it's true.

The weeks fly by, and here it is Friday (again!) and I love having the whole (free) weekend in front of me! I've been cleaning out my studio - it's a frustratingly slow process, mainly because I have the attention span of a knat with regard to this particular task. If I could just close the door on this chapter of my life and walk away, I would. But my husband keeps opening it and asking if we are going to be able to ever park our cars in the garage again....

Soon, my love.